Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy F'ing Valentine's Day to Me

So DH told me earlier this year that a woman friend who he re-found through Facebook had thrown herself at him after numerous online chats, text messages, phone calls and lunches. Her marriage was on the outs and ours was too. He told me that he turned her down and said it was a shame since he couldn't be her friend anymore (since he and I were "working it out"). I was snooping through his e-mails (since he had left his work one open) and they have been exchanging "love notes". He tells her how he fantasizes about her, includes terms of endearment and they still meet up now and then for lunch. For her part, her husband had asked her to stop the relationship but she didn't (she speaks openly in the e-mails of continuing to pursue him). I didn't think I had to ask him to change his behavior (I thought he told me the truth) but I guess I was wrong.

I think I will go break out the chocolates and wine and drown my sorrows. I am a chump...

6 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Awww, you poor thang!

I think it's easier, faster, and more cost effective to just have him 'eliminated.' You know anyone in New Jersey?

Basement Stamper said...

I'm sorry to hear that!!! It's amazing how low some women can get and that men can't see that if they are doing that now, what's to stop them from doing it once they're with this man that was stupid enough to let it happen in the first place???

Anonymous said...

Don't blame her. She is probably just another one of his victims. Sounds to me like he is experienced in "finding" women on the internet. She is not the one who did you wrong. She doesn't even know you. He is the one who broke his vows. He is the one who hurt you. He is the one who ruined your family. You made a horrible mistake by choosing this guy to be in your life. Fix the mistake and move on and count it as a hard lesson learned.

Anonymous said...

Cyber hugs to you from someone who has gone through this. I felt bitter and still do towards both of them. Yeah, maybe she wasn't doing it to me personally, but can you respect anyone who cheats on their spouse? And this person ended up being my son's stepmother. At least in my case, after the hurt, I grew stronger and found a new and better life. Still kills me that my kid had to go through this, though.

Awna said...

I have gone thru this same exact thing this year. I don't have any advice to give, just know you are not alone!
It sucks big time, but no matter if you 2 fix it or not, it'll take some time and strength!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that you should give him a special treat for Valentine's night tonight! Put on a sexy nighty, some romantic music, and when he comes home, take him into the bedroom and tie him to the bed (he'll think "wow, this is gonna be GREAT!"). Then break the news to him that you know what he's been up to, shove your curling iron up his @ss, plug it in,turn it on high, and go out with some friends for the evening and have the time of your life! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!
p.s. This actually happened to a guy in a neighboring town! OUCH!