Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Well as LONG AS I AM AT IT....

Another thing that I HATE. Ok so maybe it's petty, maybe I'M rude but let me tell ya something... when I am in a store and I get asked a million times if "I need help", "am I finding everything ok" or any other lame question by an overly BORED sales representative I AM GONNA SCREAM. I was in a Sally's the other day. You all know how small those stores are right? The one I was in had 3 aisles....ok? Picture this...you can walk up the left side, down a middle aisle and then another aisle along the right wall. Technically if you don't count the side aisles that run up the side of the store then you are looking at a ONE AISLE STORE. That is the extent of the massive size of this place (NOT). There were me, the owner (a man who was also micromanaging the register area, it was like he was a cling-on to that damn corner), and one sales rep (princess stocks a lot or should I call her princess stalk(er)s a lot) on the floor. Yep that was it just us three. It's a Saturday morning all I want to do was see if they have one item, grab it, check out and go. Since it is such a small store in the first place I usually walk around and browse. It's kind of a fun store anyway right??? The minute I walk in the store CAN I HELP YOU number one. I politely tell the guy, no thank you I'm good. Now the other sales rep was standing right next to this guy when he asked me the first time (literally a foot away stocking shelves) so you know she heard him ask me the first time, I make my way down one aisle and am now in aisle number 2. Micromanager peaks his head into aisle two and asks me AGAIN...FINDING EVERYTHING OK? Now since 10 feet ago and 2 seconds earlier and no I'M NOT LOST IN A ONE AISLE STORE AND YES I AM STILL FINDING EVERYTHING OK WHEN I JUST GOT DONE TELLING YOU I'M GOOD AND JUST BROWSING HELLO. By this time I am not really annoyed but the hair is starting to raise on my neck. I don't know about you all but when I am out on a Saturday just trying to slam out some errands and enjoying my few days off and if I am minding my own business, if I haven't made eye contact with you and if I haven't talked to you or initiated any conversation GUESS WHAT??? That means I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU. Ok so motor around to the third and final aisle yes princess stocking the shelves STALKER is in this aisle (blocking it I might add with her damn cart (of which I immediately turned back and went down aisle 2 again no worries I'm just browsing anyway and had already found the one item I went in for anyway, I didn't really need anything down that aisle) But as I entered that third aisle princess shelf stocker says YOU GUESSED IT... can we help you find anything???? Ok now I'm freakin done. My reply?... cause you know I am a bitch and proud of it... I say to her...THAT is the third time since I have entered this store that you have asked me that question and GUESS WHAT my response is the same as it was 2 seconds ago. NO YOU CANNOT HELP ME FIND ANYTHING THANKS. By this time I am annoyed to no end. I took the items I had in my hand that I was going to purchase and slammed them down on the shelf and walked out with NO PURCHASES. Now can I HELP YOU WITH SOMETHING??? LIKE GETTING NEW CUSTOMERS perhaps? I know that there are greater things in this world than petty little annoyances ok? So don't give me any lip. But this passive aggressive crap is just as bad because they are a miserable excuse for human beings. There's more...told you I was back like a bad penny...

glenda_the one and only_go0d_bitch

3 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

At Target last Sunday-I went thru an checkout and paid (the guy rang up an item and I told him he has already done that item) he said he checked the slip and it didn't show. I paid, got my slip and started towards the door (mind you the check out guy and my nephew has a lively conversation going on about dinosaurs too). I looked at the slip and saw he has rung up the item twice! So I went right to customer service (hubby had already gone out the door with the bags) They went over and asked the guy if I had bought only one (I am on cell phone calling hubby back in with the bags). He looked at me and said he didn't even wait on me! I am standing there with my nephew who he chatted with. Hubby brought the bags back and I got a refund but how stupid can this be? He looked at us and talked to us and still didn't make a connect? ANd why would I need to buy TWO 90 dollar rechargable batteries at one time? ONe other thing-the woman at customer services said I had shopped yesterday! I walked right from the checkout to her desk. She is so dumb, she had no idea what day it was. RIght on the slip-sunday. but she insisted it was not sunday. No connect at all!

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention Target I was actually going to add a story about them in my original post. Glenda

Michelle said...

We have a pharmacy near me where the staff do that. They think everyone shoplifts, and they follow even older women and men around their stores, peeking around corners. I hate stores where they say nothing to you and you can't find anyone when you need help, but I think the overblown helpers are more annoying. I hate being followed around a store!