Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Anything For A Buck

I was at the store tonight trying to find natural eye drops without the ingredient I am having some problems with and happened to walk down the baby aisles. OMG! Since I haven't had a baby in the house in like 30 years, was it a trip!

This is the baby product I found! Baby Cologne for god's sake. When did we start stinking up our babies with garbage like this? Click here for another company's version and see where it's being made.

Babies don't stink. Clean diaper, a bath and they smell wonderful. So why do we have to dunk them in crap like this? Do diapers have scent in them too? I ask as I haven't purchased them since the 70's. I do buy the unscented baby wipes for myself as they are excellent make-up removers and rubber stamp cleaners. I still think a newly bathed baby in Ivory soap is the best it can be-totally natural and squeaky clean-just as my Grammy did.

Any thoughts? Any more stupid products to add here? If so, add a link or send me a photo to add. endorawitchoftheeast@gmail.com


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about doggie runnning shoes?
http://www.neopaws.com/

if you take care of your pet's feet, you don't need to spend this sort of money (actually people who buy baby Nikes for their babies rattle my cage too-150 bucks for shoes they wear one week?)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I love the New Baby smell. Why would ANYone buy baby cologne? Unless it was for adults, so they could keep the baby semll with them all day!!!!

I tell ya, if it sells, they will make it. Crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

You may not believe this, but I just saw an email about getting your cat painted. It is only $15,000, but it needs to be touched up because the cat's hair grows. That's $60,000 a year. I'll see if I can email a few of the photos tonight. I feel so sorry for the poor cats!!!

Anonymous said...

Even better - I found a web site with the pics and some rants about the whole ethical thing. Check it out: http://www.whypaintcats.com/

And please ignore my bad math above. I was quoting the bad math from the email I got. ;-(

Anonymous said...

The letter I found most interesting was the one that said what is wrong with having her cat be a work of art. I believe every cat is unique in itself soley by nature and I have never come across one that was like another. True works of nature's art.

I would never do this ever. If I had money for this, I would donate it to the shelters to neuter the stays that come in to make them easily adoptable. People who do this just want to call attention to themselves and their frivolity.

I have a sick kitty of 16 years right now. Per instructions from the vet, I have to rub vitamin E into the sores that are showing, and I try but kitty doesn't like it and licks it off right away. I wonder if that is harming him as an ingested overdose (too much E is bad for humans). The sun glinting off his fur is so beautiful yet it is in all likelihood what is causing him harm. I probably wont have him much longer either. Little fur treasures all of them.

Jan Scholl said...

http://www.justpetstrollers.com./

according to a recent article in the paper, if you use one of these, you can take doggies inside stores and eateries if they are quiet and zipped inside. My Marley would be okay but not Jackson.