Monday, June 16, 2008

Me first!!!!

Or maybe I should call this "Oh, you mean I am NOT the only person on the planet?" This gripe is about people who walk up to a counter to order something without regard to the line of people waiting to do the same thing. Excuse me, are we all INVISIBLE? This happened to me twice this morning while I was in line to order breakfast. Some guy just walked up to the front of the group waiting and placed his order. When a few of us glared at him, he did apologize, but only after we said something. Then after I placed my order and was waiting for the guy to cook it, another guy came up to the front and tried to order. At least 3 people practically jumped the poor guy and pointed out the line of people already waiting. At least the guy behind the counter got smart and started asking, "Who's next?"

I mean, c'mon, people! Open your eyes and look before you assume you can just walk up and be first in line. How hard would it be to say, "Excuse me, have you ordered yet?" and checked out the lay of the land before just butting in?

Okay, this was before I'd had any coffee, and both people did apologize, but it still steamed me that we had to point it out to them.

Am I the only one who gets to experience this phenomena?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happens all the time and its usually guys in fast food places. It's women in gas stations and pharmacies.

the ones I really like are those who fake a handicap to get preferential treatments. At a stamp convention, a woman had her friend wheel her in a wheel chair and she got to move to the front of the lines to do make and takes and they ran into people as they had no idea how to manuver well. same for toilet usage and food lines. I later saw her skipping in the parking lot. I got a photo. the management of the show later banned all strollers unless a baby was in it because women would use them to bump people around and out of the way and they had no kids with them-just packages in the seats. it was like a battering ram and you know how some of those shows can get really crammed up and busy on the first day.

Ever notice how if you hold a door for someone, they rarely say thank you? and never would hold it for you? When that happens now, I hold it and let them thru and if they don't say thank you (what a door fairy is holding it?) I yell after them really really loud You're so very Welcome! some turn and look and laugh, and some flip me off but at least they are sorta embarrassed. Once I did slam the door in a woman's face when she got snotty-coffee all over her front too. Felt good too.